There is not enough support and assistance when it comes to tertiary education in under-promoted countries such as New Zealand because the majority of education consultants place more emphasis on more popular destinations such as the US, UK and Australia. Although migration profile generated by UNICEF of Malaysia has shown a steady growth in migration to first world countries, the strict migration policies in countries like the US, UK and Australia are encouraging students to look at alternatives such as New Zealand.
When it comes to education, New Zealand is perceived as one of the less popular destination choice by most Asian students due to the inaccurate belief that the qualifications obtained are not internationally recognized. This wrong notion has resulted in students not considering New Zealand in the past as they are worried that employers would not view the New Zealand education system positively.
Contrary to common perception, tertiary education in New Zealand is internationally recognized. Its education system is highly regarded for its ability to balance academic achievements with skills, producing creative, flexible thinkers who are competent at both practical and theoretical levels. New Zealand education is part of the Lisbon recognition Convention which means its certificates, diplomas and degrees have international recognition.
With the country slowly rising to the top as the preferred destination for higher education, Edugat’s primary mission is to assist candidates who are interested to study, work and live in New Zealand. Edugat offers services which will help students with university placement, scholarship assistance, visa application, program and career counselling, travel and accommodation assistance and information on pathways to permanent residency. Edugat also prepares its clients by fostering an understanding of the culture and expectations of studying, working and living in New Zealand through our seminars and orientations.
Having served the student transfer market in the last 9 months, Edugat has expanded their services to students in Philippines who wish to further their studies in Malaysia. Edugat understands the difficulties of school leavers in choosing a suitable institution and type of qualification, thus opening alternative placements in Malaysia. Malaysia offers international students quality education at affordable pricing.
In addition, the multicultural community of Malaysia supports the institutions' aim to make its students global citizens. International students are exposed to multiple languages, cultures and traditions.. Malaysia is now ranked the world’s 11th most preferred education destination among international students by UNESCO.
"To facilitate and accelerate the path to higher education"
UNIQUE SELLING PROPOSITION
- Complimentary services include counselling, school placement, visa assistance, travel and accommodation assistance, post-arrival assistance
- Country tour services
- Partner institution marketing platform
- Round-the-clock tracking/ online support platform
MARKET TRACTION (AS OF MARCH 2017)
NUMBER OF LEADS - 800
Note: This is compiled through seminars conducted in Philippines and Malaysia
CURRENT NUMBER OF STUDENTS BEING PROCESSED - 14
LIST OF CURRENT UNIVERSITIES AND INSTITUTES
INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY AND POLYTECHNICS
PRIVATE TRAINING ESTABLISHMENTS
|The University of Auckland||Waiariki Bay of Plenty||ACG Yoobee School of Design|
|The University of Otago||Waikato Institute of Technology (Wintec)||Ntec Tertiary Group|
|University of Canterbury||Unitec Institute of Technology||Computer Power Plus|
|Victoria University of Wellington||Otago Polytechnic||Auckland Institute of Studies (AIS)|
|Auckland University of Technology||Northland Polytechnic (NorthTec)||Imperial College of New Zealand|
|The University of Waikato||Universal College of Learning (UCOL)||New Zealand Management Academies (NZMA)|
|Massey University||Whitireia Community Polytechnic||Queens Academic Group (QAG)|
|Lincoln University||Wellington Institute of Technology (Weltec)||EDENZ colleges|
|Nelson Marlborough Institute of Technology (NMIT)|
|Manukau Institute of Technology (MIT)|
PRIVATE TRAINING ESTABLISHMENTS
|Infrastructure University Kuala Lumpur||Vatel international Business School|
|City University||Sky International Academy|
Edugat is currently applying for MSC status
Funding amount required: RM 300,000 - RM 500,000
USE OF PROCEEDS
This fund-raising campaign will be used to support operations in UAE and New Zealand to venture into complementary services like immigration. This campaign also gives an opportunity to allow strategic investors on board to fuel future expansion.
The local operations team will support off-ground application process from regional branches as well as on-ground Malaysian students’ application and online application. Thus, the company will grow its team from current size of 3 to 6 by hiring a Vice President, an Admin Exec and a Marketing Exec. The marketing budget is allocated for digital advertising, mega education fair on New Zealand's tertiary education and weekly seminars. IT development is to enable use via mobile phone and a comprehensive admin page for agents.
for the period commencing 1 April 2017 – 31 Mar 2018
|Gross profit margin||85%||89%||91%|
|Net profit margin||22%||47%||57%|
KHARISSA UY BIENES Founder and COO
- Consultant Relations Manager at Primus Knowledge Inc.
- Outsource Marketing Manager at Northland Institute of Technology (Northtec) Auckland, New Zealand leading the region of South Asia
- Currently the Southeast Asia Director of Marketing for its partner organization Medway Consultants Pvt. Ltd.
- Graduated in Bachelor of Science in Nursing at Davao Doctors College
CHUAH CHEE SHENG Information Technology Director
- Business Development Director at Linear Sense Technologies (M) Sdn Bhd
- Past experiences include Software Developer cum Business Development at MPCS Enterprise; Software Developer for Online Based Satisfaction Management System at AD-Macs Corp Consultant (M) Sdn Bhd; Software Developer for Data Warehouse Module and Inventory Master at Data Collection (M) Sdn Bhd; Programmer for Football module at WSL SDN BHD
- Graduated in Bachelor of Information Systems (Hons) / Business Information System at University Tunku Abdul Rahman
SITI ZURINA SABARUDIN Non-Executive Director
- 15 years of experience in capital market with emphasis on private equity and fund management works
- Partner in Abu Talib Shahrom and Zul Rafique & Partners
- Currently attached to Azmi & Associates and heads the Capital Market and Private Equity Department of the firm
- Graduated in Bachelor of Laws (LL.B) (Hons.) from International Islamic University of Malaysia in 2000 and was admitted to the Malaysian Bar in December 2002
LOh CHEE KEAT Business Development Manager
- Scientific Manager for Commercialization at ACGT Sdn Bhd
- Scientist at WaferGen Biosystems Inc
- Lecturer at INTI International College, Penang
- Graduated in Masters of Science in Biotechnology at University Sains Malaysia (USM)
CORPORATE INFORMATION AT A GLANCE
NAME OF COMPANY
Edugat Sdn Bhd ("Edugat")
DATE OF INCORPORATION
30 May 2016
1st Floor, No. 43 Jalan Nova U5/76, Subang Bestari, Seksyen U5, 40150 Shah Alam, Selangor, Malaysia
B1-3A-2, Soho Suites KLCC, Jalan Perak 50450 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
YL CHEE & Co. (AF 0725) Chartered Accountants